One woman's quest to save money, save the planet and save my sanity

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wicked Cool Wednesday - The grass can be greener

I'm from New Hampsha so "wicked" is a way of life and since my photography skills are actually wicked bad, I don't feel bold enough to declare this post "Wordless".
I am quite proud of myself that I made my own Easter grass tonight. I haven't bought any in years and have just been making do with recycled tissue paper, but I wanted to shnaz it up a bit this year.
I just took white paper out of the art box where all our "still good on one side" paper goes and then painted both sides with water colors. I don't have a paper shredder, but I do have a sweet paper cutter so I just chopped it up into thin strips and then gave it a good scrunch.
I am off to the thrift store tomorrow morning to finish up my Easter shopping. The girls are all set, but I still need to get more for Noah, at ten years old he is getting a bit tougher to scrounge stuff up for. I have a cool, little Red Sox trash can that I picked up as his "basket". I may end up getting him an iTunes gift card in addition to the Newman's Own Organic Chocolate Cups  and the Panda All Natural Licorice I got today.
And to celebrate this day of renewal, I think the fam and I are going to head north and go to the Open House farm tour at D Acres. D Acres is a working farm that serves as an "educational center that researches, applies and teaches skills of sustainable living and small-scale organic farming". Renewal awaits!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally addicted to the Panda licorice! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so ecocheapo! i love that you're going to have a family fun day at D Acres. i want to go with you some time when i don't have too much school work to do!

    ReplyDelete